How to Prepare for Sydney Dance Lessons
It’s so easy to get swept up in the boring things life has to offer, the things you need to do in order to live- like work. But, it’s important for everyone to make sure they have a good work, life balance; in other words, you need to make sure you’re having fun too. One common way of doing this is by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Starting a new hobby is undoubtedly exciting, however, it can also be quite intimidating. In the days leading up to your first class, you will probably find yourself wondering what you should wear, or what you need to bring with you. Your first dance lesson is no different- so how do you make sure you are prepared for it? Keep reading to find out.
- So you’ve bravely booked yourself in for some dance lessons from the best dance studios Sydney CBD, and your first class is imminent. One of the things you are probably most concerned about is what you should wear. The last thing you want to do is show up and not be dressed appropriately. Generally, you will want to be wearing something comfortable and easy to move in- think stretchy gym leggings and a top. However, if you want to be certain there are a few ways you can check the dress code before your first session. Most companies will send you a conformation email after booking, and often it will tell you what you should wear- so before doing anything else, reread the email and double check. Another option is by looking on the company’s website, or if that fails, don’t be shy about giving them a call to ask what the best clothing option is. Once you know what you need to wear, you can either find it in your closet, or go out and buy a few pieces. This should make you feel a little less worried and take away some of the pressure before your first class.
- Another way to make sure you are prepared for your Sydney dance lesson is by knowing what you need to bring with you. Usually you wont be expected to bring much to your first session, as the teacher will make recommendations during the class. However, you will be exercising so bring plenty of water, and a small towel in case you get sweaty and want to dry off before leaving. You could also pack some fruit or a small snack for after the class. Remember to bring an extra jumper with you, or if you are wearing shorts or a skirt, bring track pants to put on afterwards. Although you will be hot during the Sydney dance lesson, after the class you will probably dry off and feel quite cold. So bring layers to keep you warm.
- This one seems obvious, but it will really help you feel relaxed before your first Sydney dance lesson. Make sure you know the location of the studio and how to get there. The last thing you want is to get lost on the way and feel stressed about being late. Knowing where you’re going will make you feel much more prepared.
- This goes hand in hand with knowing where you’re going- arrive early. Your first Sydney dance lesson is a nerve wracking experience, so show up early and give yourself time to relax and prepare before the class begins. This will also give you time to introduce yourself to your teacher and new classmates.
- As tempting as it may seem to not eat beforehand due to the nerves, this will probably be counterproductive and make you feel unwell during the class. Your body need sustenance in order to do physical activity so one of the best ways to prepare is by having a light meal or snack before the class begins.