What Can a Castle Hill Physiotherapist Do For You?
The act of physiotherapy is dedicated towards the treatment of injury, disorders and diseases through physical treatment. These treatments include acts that include exercise, massage and manipulation instead of surgery, medication and other invasive remedies.
Because of the nature of the treatment, a lot of people associate Castle Hill Physiotherapists with only working with sports and back injuries. This common misconception couldn’t be farther from the truth as these professionals can provide relief for those suffering from diseases, illnesses, aging and injury. The main goal for a Castle Hill Physiotherapist is to improve the quality of someone’s life by using a variety of non-invasive treatments to lessen their effects.
We have done the research and have put together a short description about how Castle Hill Physiotherapists can help you and why you should see them the next time you aren’t feeling too good.
What is the role of these individuals?
There is not an average day for a Castle Hill Physiotherapist as every day is different. While the procedure may be the same, the different steps can take place days apart and require the full attention of the medical professional. The general procedure for their patients involves assessing the physical condition of a patient to diagnose what their underlying problems are and then developing and implementing a treatment plan.
Other days may involve training for patients that have already started their plans and helping them to walk with the assistance of crutches or walking frames. Additionally the treatment plan for patients undergoing physiotherapy also involves the education of you, your friends and family to prevent future injuries from appearing or current injuries from getting worse. These educational talks can also be presented to communities to benefit large groups of people at a time.
If all these daily activities weren’t enough, Castle Hill Physiotherapists can also grant doctors certificates to those that they seem are in need of them.
What type of conditions can be treated?
While physiotherapy isn’t limited to a certain type of condition, you will find that Castle Hill Physiotherapists will treat a range of people that includes; cerebral palsy, pregnant women, premature children, athletes, the elderly, those undergoing rehabilitation and those with cardiovascular issues such as heart disease, major surgery or even strokes.
It really goes to show that there is an alternative treatment method for any type of condition that impacts your life. But with so many things being able to be treated what types of physiotherapy are there?
The different types of physiotherapy
While physiotherapy has been known to treat a plethora of different conditions, each condition can benefit from being treated with a different style. Physiotherapy has many different treatments to help different conditions as well as speed up recovery time from surgeries. People choosing to study under this branch of medicine can choose an area to focus on including sports medicine, pediatrics or even specifically women’s health.
While there are many different areas and branches that can be treated and specialised in, there are three main parameters that are sued across all of them.
- Neurological – This parameter is used to treat disorders that stem from the nervous system which include but isn’t limited to; strokes, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis. Individuals who have undergone brain surgery will also benefit from this branch of treatment methods.
- Musculoskeletal – Commonly referred to as orthopaedic physiotherapy, musculoskeletal is primarily used to treat conditions such as sprains, strains, arthritis, back pain, posture problems, incontinence, bursitis, sport and work related injuries as well as the reduction in mobility. Those who have undergone rehabilitation surgery can also be treated within this branch.
- Cardiothoracic – Treatment that involves help conditions such as asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis and other cardio-respiratory disorders will fall under this branch of treatment.
The different types of therapies that are available
For patients that are undergoing this kind of treatment, the therapy is tailored to the individual and the conditions that they present. The plan is decided upon by their Castle Hill Physiotherapist along with what steps they should be taking in order to speed up their recovery period. With that in mind there are a few different categories that these plans can fall under:
- Electrotherapy techniques – utilises laser therapy, ultrasound, diathermy and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
- Manual therapies – includes resistance training, stretching as well as joint manipulation and mobilisation.
- Exercise plans and programmes – focuses on strengthening your muscles, re-aligning your posture as well as cardiovascular training and stretching.
For many individuals you may find that an injury is caused from an underlying issue. To make sure that the issue is resolved from the source instead of treating the symptoms; your Castle Hill Physiotherapist will identify the root of your problems and develop a strategy to overcome that obstacle. A good example to understand this concept is that your constant back pain may be caused from repetitive motions at your job, being over-weight or simply because you have bad posture.